One of the most important and indispensable gadget in every house is the vacuum cleaner. One just cannot do without a vacuum cleaner nowadays. However with so many technical advancements and new features hitting the stores daily, buying a vacuum cleaner can be overwhelming.
These are a few considerations to bear in mind while buying a vacuum cleaner
- Bag or bagless-A debate that has no one right answer or conclusion, this is best left to be chosen as per your preference and comfort. Bagged cleaners are cheaper but calls an added expense of purchasing fresh bags. Bagless vacuums on the contrary are a more expensive one time investment but works out more economical in the long run. Many of them are easy to clean and maintain and have antibacterial protection.
- Filters– Choose a filter based on your cleaning needs. Many sophisticated filters have 3 to 7 cleaning stages that leave your floors and tiles spotless and sparkling. You can choose between life time filters, hepa filters and charcoal filters based on your need and preference.
- Power and wattage– It goes without saying that higher the wattage, higher will the suction power of the vacuum be. The airflow and design also contributes to the suction power of the vacuum.
- Attachments- Most cleaners come with attachments such as a crevice tool, dusting and upholstery brushes. Some may also with additional turbo brushes.
Best Home Vacuum Cleaner
1. UH70120 vacuum
Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Vacuum– The UH70120 vacuum from Hoover is a bagless upright vacuum that has a 13.5 inch wide nozzle and a five point adjustment system that enables people of different heights to comfortably use this without having to stoop too much. It has a 27 ft long retractable power cord, that allows you to plug and take the vacuum all around your house.
The HEPA filter can be easily rinsed and cleaned for consequent uses. It comes with an extension wand, and a powered hand tool that helps you reach all corners of the house. Also included is a crevice tool and upholstery brush.
Users say that this is one of the most lightweight vacuums on the market. They like that this vacuum picks up so much hidden dirt that the eyes can’t see. It is also rather quiet in operation unlike many other vacuums on the market.
2. Dyson DC28
Dyson Animal Vacuum– The Dyson DC28 vacuum is an upright vacuum with a motorized brush bar that has been designed for houses with pets. It has the latest root cyclone technology that ensures not just powerful but also consistent suction. With this vacuum you do not have to worry about clogging or low suction problems.
The vacuum also has integrated the air muscle technology that combines three cleaner technologies that adjust itself to clean the floors of any type. This bagless vacuum has 5/8 gallon capacity and a lifetime HEPA filter, so you can bid goodbye to changing filters and welcome clean and spotless flooring! This asthma friendly vacuum has a telescopic reach that makes cleaning a breeze.
Users simply love this vacuum and say that it cleans like a banshee! Many say that this allergy friendly HEPA filter vacuum sends dust right into the canister and not into the air. The controls are all easily accessible when standing and one does not have to stoop or bend making cleaning sessions all the more easy.
3. BISSEL Clean view 9595 vacuum
BISSELL CleanView model no 9595-The Cyclonic system incorporated in the BISSEL Clean view vacuum makes this vacuum long lasting and very efficient.
It has powerful suction that cleans a lot more than other vacuums on the initial run itself. The vacuum comes with additional attachments like a turbo brush tool to clean up the stairs, upholstery and even smaller furniture pieces. The dirt tank is easy to clean and the HEPA filter picks up on even fine particles of dust.
Users find that the assembly of this vacuum rather easy and quick. The washable filters are another favorite among several users. All accessories easily dock onto the vacuum and do not require space to be stored making it one of the best home vacuum cleaner to buy.
4. Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Vacuum, Bagless, Model no UH70210
Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Vacuum, Bagless, Model no UH70210– This model has been rated as the best vacuum cleaner 2013 has seen. It has an automatic cord that neatly winds into the unit for easy storage and less clutter. A 12 inch extension wand enables to easily reach and clean tight corners.
Also included with the vacuum are a nozzle with rubber blades, and a crevice tool. An indicator alerts when the filters need a check or clean up.
Users love the bagless feature which eliminates the need to change bags every week or month. It is fairly light and the design is trendy and cool